As a Line Mechanic, you will be responsible for providing line maintenance, line construction and line fault repair services.
• Install replace and maintain overhead electricity distribution equipment, poles and pole mounted equipment, i.e. transformers, fuses, switches, circuit breakers, conductors, insulators, terminations and connections etc.
• Compliance and commissioning tests to ensure electrical integrity, faults location and safety.
• Be a positive role model of health and safety practices.
• Support other field staff and the wider organisations team members, creating a positive culture, sharing information, knowledge and expertise.
• Perform network switching, when authorised.
• Perform 24/7 fault response service including location, diagnosis, and repair duties, when authorised.
We will be looking for someone who is:
• EWRB Registered Level 4 Line Mechanic with a current practicing license.
• Experienced in the electrical distribution industry.
• Live line, glove & barrier qualifications and experience would be great.
• Eligible to work in New Zealand, with New Zealand citizenship or New Zealand permanent residency.
• Current NZ Drivers License, Class 4 preferred (minimum Class 2).